Continuously more signs point to economic recovery in the United States' industrial sector — boding well for distributors' capital spending plans — but so far in 2021, we've seen a solid yet unspectacular volume of merger & acquisition deals announced.
During the month of March, we covered 15 news items regarding M&A action. That's up from the paltry five such items a year earlier when impacts of COVID-19 led businesses in all sectors to freeze such activity, but identical to February and down from 16 in January and 20 each in December and November of 2020, respectively. Notably, we covered 20 such M&A items in both January and February of 2020 as well, showing activity slowed moderately during these past two months.
Below, see what we covered in March in reverse chronological order of their company announcement:
- Omni Cable to Buy Houston Wire & Cable in $91M Deal - March 25
- White Cap to Combine Canadian Operations with National Concrete Accessories - March 24
- Winsupply Acquires Ohio Waterworks Distributor Discount Drainage Supplies - March 24
- Concept Machine Tool Acquires Fellow Midwest Distributor B.C. MacDonald - (March 18)
- Würth Industry NA Stays on Acquisition Trail, Adds ORR Safety - March 16
- Applied Adhesives Sold from One Private Equity Firm to Another - March 16
- Office Depot Rejects Staples' Acquisition Offer, Again - March 15
- Watsco Gains Major Midwest Foothold, Acquires Temperature Equipment Corp. - March 15
- Snap-on Buys Dealer-FX Group for $200M - March 8
- Meridian Adhesives Acquires Europe's GENTEC, FT Polymer - March 3
- DNOW Acquires Flex Flow Pumping Business from GR Energy - March 1
- F.W. Webb Acquires Danbury Plumbing and HVAC Supply in Western CT - March 1
- Columbus McKinnon Acquiring Dorner Manufacturing in $485M Deal - March 1
- LINC Systems Continues Expansion, Acquires Packaging Products Unit in Quad Cities - Feb. 26 (covered March 1)
- Process Equipment Distributor Relevant Industrial Makes Louisiana Acquisition - Feb. 15 (covered March 5)
As you may note, I'm including two February acquisitions on here since ID was alerted about them until early March.
Despite our best efforts, there’s always deals announced that either weren’t on our radar, or that weren’t made public. But, this list should provide a good idea of most M&A activity applicable to the industrial supply market.
If your company has M&A news to share, M&A or otherwise, contact ID editor Mike Hockett at firstname.lastname@example.org.