As we did last year, during this final week of 2017 we'd like to take a look back at the most-viewed articles posted on Industrial Distribution over the past calendar year.
Here's our top articles posted in 2017:
- 7 E-Commerce Challenges Impacting Businesses (Feb. 6)
- Why Industrial Salespeople Struggle To Sell Value (Aug. 25)
- Grainger CEO Talks New Gamut.com Offering (May 26)
- Amazon Business, Pt. 1: How It Stacks Up As Businesses Supplier (July 25)
- How Salespeople Can Compete With Amazon (Nov. 13)
- How Industrial Distributors Can Avoid the Mistakes Of Circuit City (Feb. 13)
- ID's 2017 Salary Report - Executives (July 17)
- Amazon Business, Pt. 2: What's Missing? (Nov. 14)
- Q&A: The Implications Of Uber Freight On The Supply Chain (July 31)
- The No. 1 Thing Buyers Expect From Salespeople (Dec. 11)
Three of those articles were written by sales guru and regular ID contributor Paul Reilly of Reilly Sales Training. Way to go, Paul!
Just missing the top 10 was 'Q&A: The Evolving State Of Industrial Vending'
So, those were the top 10 articles posted in 2017, but technically, a few older articles actually were more read than some of the above. The following articles were posted prior to 2017 and would've placed in the overall top 10 articles of 2017:
- The 2016 Industrial Distribution Big 50 List: The 2016 Big 50 List was actually our most-read item of 2017, and by a wide margin. This is typical, as the prior year's list always gets a massive readership boost in the weeks before and after the newest list posts. Thus, we can safely predict the 2017 Big 50 List will be ID's top article of 2018.
- The 2015 Industrial Distribution Big 50 List: See above. It was No. 3 overall.
- America’s Top 4 Forklift Manufacturers And What Makes Them Special: This article was posted in May of 2014 and still generates tremendous readership! It's remarkable. It would be No. 4 on the overall top 10.
- Seven Tips To Sell Private Company Stock Without Violating Securities Laws: This was posted in November of 2011 and still was the No. 7 most-read article of 2017!