CHICAGO — The Industrial Careers Pathway (ICP) initiative — founded and significantly funded by the PTDA Foundation — connected with close to 15,000 students through career fairs and local events and reached more than 3.2 million 16-24 year olds through social media promotions, all to build awareness of industrial distribution careers.
And to help continue the momentum in 2017, 55 organizations and individuals have funded the PTDA Foundation’s Vanguard Campaign, making contributions of over $113,000 to kick-off the 2017 Fund Drive. These organizations are “in the vanguard” — leading the fundraising charge. By contributing to the PTDA Foundation as part of the Vanguard Campaign, these companies are taking a leading role in the movement to drive talented workers to the key positions of sales and customer service in industrial distribution. Funding from Vanguard and other contributors helps ICP get in front of the industry’s future workforce through participation at career fairs, job fairs and technical tradeshows as well as through social media channels and the website at IDCareers.org. The PTDA Foundation’s 2017 Fund Drive is now in progress and more companies, trade associations and individuals are also contributing every day to support the effort.
“Anyone who has tried to hire in the last few years knows the challenge of convincing young people that industrial distribution is an incredibly rewarding career choice,” said Michael J. Kelly, vice president at Kaman Industrial Technologies Corporation and president of the PTDA Foundation. “These 16-24 year olds are the future, and it will take our collective efforts to build awareness across the board. I give my sincere thanks to all 55 organizations and individuals for their vanguard support of the PTDA Foundation and its key initiative ICP,” he said.
2017 PTDA Foundation Vanguard Contributors
Partner Contributors ($15,000+)
- Motion Industries & Motion Canada
Investor Contributors ($10,000 - $14,999)
- Allied Bearing & Supply, Inc.
- BDI Americas (USA & Canada)
Stakeholder Contributors ($5,000 - $9,999)
- Bishop-Wisecarver Group
- NSK Corp. & NSK Canada
- WEG Electric Corp.
Benefactor Contributors ($2,500 - $4,999)
- Altra Industrial Motion
- Bearing Service Inc.
- CENTA Corporation
- Diamond Chain Company
- Garlock Sealing Technologies
- Houston Bearing & Supply Co., Inc.
- Lafert North America
- Midpoint Bearing
- Oilite Bearing Division (Beemer Precision, Inc.)
- Regal Power Transmission Solutions
- Ringfeder Power Transmission USA
- SENQCIA MAXCO, Ltd.
- Timken Drives, LLC
- U.S. Tsubaki Power Transmission LLC
- W.C. DuComb Co., Inc.
Leadership Contributors ($1,000 - $2,499)
- Climax Metal Products Company
- Daido Corporation of America
- Koyo Canada Inc.
- Master Power Transmission, Inc.
- QA1 Precision Products, Inc.
- RBI Bearings, Inc.
- The Rowland Company
- Ruland Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- SKF Canada Limited
- Webster Foundation (Webster Industries, Inc.)
Sponsor Contributors ($500 - $999)
- Beardslee Transmission Equipment Co., Inc.
- Bearing Engineering Co.
- Brewer Machine & Gear Co.
- Tom Dielschneider*
- J/E Bearing and Machine Ltd.
- Jamaica Bearings Co., Inc.
- Pamela and Mark Kan*
- Terry Knight and Jim Williams*
- KWS Manufacturing Company, Ltd.
- San Antonio Belting & Pulley Co., Inc.
- Stafford Manufacturing Corp.
- Sumitomo Machinery Corp. of America
- Transply, Inc.
- Van Meter Inc.
Colleague Contributors ($250 - $499)
- Sue and John Masek (in honor of Mary Sue Lyon and in memory of Terry Hutton)*
- Barbara J. Ross (in loving memory of Gordon Ross) *
Associate Contributors (Up to $249)
- Atlantic Fasteners
- Erie Bearings Co.
- Gordon Industrial Supply Co.
- Michael J. Kelly (in memory of Christopher J. Kelly)*
- Tom Mascari*
- Ohio Belting & Transmission Co.
- RotoPrecision, Inc.
- Torque Drives, Inc.
* Heritage Society Leader Gift
The PTDA Foundation Fund Drive is underway with a goal of raising $350,000 in 2017. To join these Vanguard contributors, download a pledge form at IndustrialCareersPathway.org/Support.
The PTDA Foundation, whose work is funded solely by donations, was founded in 1982 to enhance knowledge, education, professionalism and productivity within the power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) industry. The Foundation is a not-for-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) corporation; contributions are tax deductible to the full amount allowed by law.
The Foundation’s core initiative, Industrial Careers Pathway® (ICP), is a collaboration of industrial distribution associations working together to bring tomorrow’s North American employees to the industrial distribution channel, develop programs to teach business and distribution basics and create affordable resources for current employee development.
For more information or a complete list of donors, visit IndustrialCareersPathway.org/Support.