The third annual NFDA Executive Retreat, offered Nov. 8-10 in Key Biscayne, Florida, featured presentations from members to members about best practices in company culture, doing business in Mexico, use of CRM, and VMI relationships between distributors and their suppliers.
The retreat is designed to allow plenty of time for interaction with the presenter and with those attending, and it allows everyone to participate in all presentations.
This year’s retreat program featured:
- Culture as a Competitive Advantage
- Presented by Bill, Jim and Adam Derry of Field
- Competitive Manufacturer/Master Distributor and Distributor Strategies
- Presented by Kevin Queenin of Specialty Bolt & Screw and Mike Wrenn of Lindstrom
- Doing Business in Mexico
- Presented by Mark Shannon of Tower Fasteners and Steve Dalalkis of Lehigh-Armstrong
- Success with CRM
- Presented by Marc Strandquist of Wurth Industry Group and Jennifer Ruetz of AIS-All Integrated Supply
Here's what attendees had to say:
- Well organized, good quality speakers.
- Sharing ideas among members is a good way to go for these sessions.
- Presentations were very informative and gave ideas to apply to our company.
- Tangible examples of programs that work.
- All presentations were done well, with good thought. Encouraged discussion.
- Relevant material. Good take-aways.