CHICAGO — The PTDA Foundation 2016 Board of Trustees was announced at the PTDA 2015 Industry Summit in Chicago, Ill.
Michael Kelly, VP & national sales manager, Kaman Industrial Technologies Corporation (Bloomfield, Conn.), elected for a two-year term, succeeds Barbara J. Ross, Garlock Sealing Technologies (Palmyra, N.Y.), as the Foundation’s president in 2016. Brian Short, corporate account manager, NSK Americas (Ann Arbor, Mich.), will serve as vice president for a two-year term succeeding Kelly. Ken Miko, director category mgmt & strategic accts, BDI (Cleveland Ohio.), will serve as treasurer.
Regarding his new role Kelly said, “The need for new talent in the field of industrial distribution has never been greater. The PTDA Foundation’s sole initiative, Industrial Careers Pathway (ICP) is focused on creating greater awareness of the rewarding careers to be had in our field, our industry. This activity is critical for our industry right now and I look forward to watching the work of the PTDA Foundation, along with the other ICP Alliance Partner trade associations, unfold in the years ahead as, together, we combat this challenge.”
Four are joining the PTDA Foundation’s Board of Trustees in 2016, in addition to the new PTDA president, LeRoy Burcroff, vice president sales, Bearing Service Inc. (Livonia, Mich.) who traditionally becomes part of the board. New Trustees include:
- Dr. Rod Flanigan, assistant professor, University of Nebraska at Kearney (Kearney, Neb.)
- John Masek, senior vice president, Bearing Service Inc. (Livonia, Mich.)
- Bill Moore, senior VP special projects, SKF USA, Inc. (Lansdale, Pa.)
- Tribby Warfield, senior VP & general manager, Kaman Fluid Power (Bloomfield, Conn.)
Trustees continuing to serve on the Foundation in 2016 are:
- Robert K. Callahan, executive director business development and marketing, Hitachi Maxco Ltd. (Kennesaw, Ga.)
- William Childers, VP managing director bearings & PT div, Affiliated Distributors, Inc. (Wayne, Pa.)
- Tom Dielschneider, VP supply chain, Motion Industries Inc. (Birmingham, Ala.)
- Pamela Kan, president, Bishop Wisecarver Group (Pittsburg, Calif.)
- Terry Knight (Kulpsville, Pa.)
- Keith Nowak, president, MPT Drives, Inc. (Madison Heights, Mich.)
- Barbara J. Ross, director rotary seals, Garlock Sealing Technologies (Palmyra, N.Y.)
Tribby Warfield will serve as chair of the Industrial Careers Pathway Steering Committee, succeeding Terry Knight. Barbara Ross will head the fundraising work of the Foundation as Fund Drive chair, succeeding Brian Short.