ID's Top 5 Of The Week

ID editor Mike Hockett's blog about Grainger's changes to its salesforce strategy and pricing continues to draw a lot of traffic this past week, while news of Catepillar closing a large Illinois plant was also of big interest.

Id 24356 Id Top 5 Logo

After a quiet start to the year, M&A activity has picked up as we get into Q2 and a handful of distributors have announced notable executive changes or hires. ID editor Mike Hockett's blog about Grainger's changes to its salesforce strategy and pricing continues to draw a lot of traffic this past week, while news of Catepillar closing a large Illinois plant was also of big interest.

Here's this week's Top 5

Grainger CEO Details Changes To Salesforce Strategy, Pricing: Normally I don't include a repeat Top 5 item, but I will when it was No. 1 again, as was the case here. See what Grainger CEO D.G. Macpherson said about the company's recent salesforce reconfiguration, and a shift in its pricing strategy that it plans to have set by this time next year.

Caterpillar To Close Illinois Plant, Lay Off 800 Workers: Caterpillar said last Friday that its large wheel loaders and compactor production will be moved to the company's Decatur, IL, plant, while its medium wheel loader production line will be moved to the North Little Rock, AR, plant.

BlackHawk Industrial Hires Former Anixter & HD Supply Exec. As COO: Industry veteran John Mark joins the leadership team at BlackHawk — No. 28 on ID's Big 50 List — having served in executive positions at Anixter and HD Supply from 2006 through this past October.

Genuine Parts Co. Acquires 35% Stake In Large Australia-Based Industrial Distributor: Per the agreement, GPC can acquire the remaining 65 percent of Sydney, Australia-based Inenco at a later date if certain conditions are met.

MSC All Positive As Sales & Profits Improve In Q2: MSC gave off considerable optimistic vibes thursday in its Q2 earnings release, which showed the company snapped five straight quarters of daily sales decline and a long-awaited return to sales growth for manufacturing customers.

 

Last week's Top 5

More in Home