EAST GRANBY, CT — IBC hosted its annual National Meeting on Oct. 9-11, at the Sheraton Chicago O’Hare Airport Hotel in Rosemont, IL, for members in its industrial sales and marketing group.
IBC preferred suppliers and independent distributors gathered to create business opportunities, strengthen existing relationships and share best practices for growing their businesses. Ron Nuñez, IBC’s President & COO said the theme of this year’s meeting, Plug In, Power Up,encouraged IBC Distributors and Suppliers to take advantage of all the benefits available through IBC’s new programs, many of which are available online and on-demand. “We will continue to expand our four pillars of IBC success: the IBC Rewards Program, IBC University, IBC Marketing, and our National Accounts Program. Now is the time for stakeholders to Plug In and Power Up as we prepare for a surge of growth together,” said Nuñez.
At the annual Awards & Recognition Luncheon, IBC recognized distributors and suppliers who represented outstanding growth and engagement within the group. The following distributors and suppliers were honored at this year’s event:
- 2016 Supplier of the Year as Voted by IBC for Growth in the IBC Rewards Program:Radiac Abrasives, A TYROLIT Company (Oswego, IL)
- 2016 Supplier of the Year as Voted by IBC Distributors: Weiler Corporation (Cresco, PA)
- 2016 Wholesale Supplier of the Year as Voted by Distributors: ORS Nasco (Tulsa, OK)
- 2016 Distributor of the Year as Voted by IBC for Growth in the IBC Rewards Program:Haggard & Stocking (Indianapolis, IN)
- 2016 Distributor of the Year as Voted by IBC Preferred Suppliers: S&K / Air Power Tool and Supply Corporation (Mattoon, IL)
- 2016 Preferred Supplier Marketing Excellence Award: PFERD INC. (Milwaukee, WI)
- 2016 ISA Golden Eagle Recognition Award (Suppliers): Curt Lansbery, North American Tool Corporation (South Beloit, IL)
- 2016 ISA Golden Eagle Recognition Award (Distributors): Steve Raines, RMP Industrial Supply, Inc. (Fort Worth, TX)
- 2016 SAMMY for Support of National Accounts Programs: Jim Fitzgerald, McAuliffe’s Industrial (Marysville, OH) for outstanding Independent Distributor contributions in support of IBC’s National Accounts Program
- 2016 SAMMY for Support of National Accounts Programs: Haggard & Stocking (Indianapolis, IN) for outstanding Independent Distributor contributions in support of IBC’s National Accounts Program
- 2016 Pedal to the Metal Award: Southwest Tool Supply (Salem, VA); awarded for rapid acceleration in the IBC Rewards Program
- 2016 Knowledge is Power Award: Arthur Parr, Todd Tool & Abrasive Systems, Inc.; awarded to the individual with the most IBC University course completions
- 2016 Knowledge is Power Award: Christensen Machinery Supply Company, Inc. (Menominee, MI); awarded to the company with the most IBC University course completions
- 2016 IBC Ten Year Employment: Charlene Jin, Accounts Receivable Manager
IBC’s 2016 National Meeting included nearly 800 pre-scheduled, private supplier-distributor meetings. Additional events included advisory council meetings, distributor and supplier network groups, a distributor booth forum, and an intensive day-long sales training seminar for distributors.
“By design, each of these events yields hundreds of additional meetings, all with the intention of helping our stakeholders connect and cultivate business,” added Nuñez. New this year, IBC added a series of dedicated learning tracks for distributors and suppliers. “From panel discussions to hands on learning courses, each learning track provided an opportunity for attendees to participate, engage and collaborate with colleagues and peers,” said Rich Poole, IBC’s VP, Industrial Division. A social event and women’s only reception rounded out the festivities.
Preferred Suppliers and Independent Distributors alike achieved notable results as an outcome of their meetings. “The distributor network groups provided tremendous value for us,” said Jeff Perry, President, All Industrial Tool Supply. “There aren’t many opportunities for us to get away from our companies and talk about opportunities for growth with our peers. The entire show was time well spent.”
Steve Lippert, Executive Vice President, Hamilton Caster said, “The private one-on-one meetings were very productive. They’re long enough for you to talk about substance and real issues, and they’re an opportunity to meet with distributors, who in some cases, I haven’t met before.”
The 2017 IBC National Meeting will take place October 1-3 in Chicago, IL.