Peter Sheahan, best-selling author and generational expert, scheduled as keynote
St. Louis, MO - The National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) today opened registration for its 2013 Eastern Region Conference, taking place November 20-22 at the Marriott Orlando World Center in Orlando, Fla.
Eastern Region Vice President Marc Malvizzi, electrical division manager at Penn Supply Company/EPSCO, Wilkes-Barre, Pa., will lead this year’s event under the theme “Be the Change.”
Peter Sheahan, CEO of ChangeLabs, author of international bestsellers, Fl!p and Generation Y, and world-renowned speaker will keynote the event’s general session offering creative strategies for turning challenge into opportunity. Sheahan has worked with an impressive client list that includes Apple and IBM to deliver large-scale behavioral change projects in the areas of innovation and change. His presentation will shift leaders out of the world as it used to exist and into the world as it exists today.
Once again, the NAED will kick the conference off with a full day of education, giving attendees flexibility to participate in all the industry-focused learning this event offers before launching into two days of B2B booth sessions, peer-networking groups and other relationship-building opportunities.
New this year is the Networking Showcase where attendees will be able to learn about the services provided by the new associate members and allied partners.
NAED’s scheduled sessions will include:
- “Selling Services to Increase Your Competitive Advantage…and Maybe Even Your Profitability,” by Jim Pancero, president, Jim Pancero Inc.
- “What the Buying Process Looks Like Today – What Affects Purchase Decisions and Why,” by Kelly McDonald, author and marketing/advertising expert, McDonald Marketing
- “Online Personal Marketing Strategies – How Your Personal Brand Can Make or Break Your Business Brand,” by Sam Richter, founder and CEO, SBR Worldwide/Know More!
- “Innovation…Creating a Culture for Change,” by Louis Foreman, product development & innovation expert
- “Today’s Talent, Tomorrow’s Leaders – Building an Effective Talent Management Program,” by Erika TenEyck, research and development manager, NAED
- “Disaster Recovery and Prevention – Are You Really Ready? (Part 1),” by Gail Moraton, business resiliency manager, Institute for Business and Home Safety
- “Disaster Recovery and Prevention – NAED Stories from the Field (Part 2),” by Gail Moraton, business resiliency manager, Institute for Business and Home Safety
- “Eyes Wide Open – Investigating the Threats to Our Channel,” by Denise Keating, president, DATAgility
Visit www.naed.org/easternregionconference to register. The early bird registration deadline is October 9. For more information, contact the NAED Conference Department at (888) 791-2512.
The NAED is the trade association for the $70+ billion electrical distribution industry. Through networking, education, research, and benchmarking, NAED helps electrical distributors increase profitability and improve the channel. NAED’s membership operates in approximately 4,400 locations internationally.