Registration is now open for the Midwest Association of Rail Shippers (MARS) Summer Meeting to be held July 15–16 at the Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. The theme for the meeting is “Precision Scheduled Railroading and the Shipper Impact.”
“As more railroads move to implement the principles of Precision Scheduled Railroading (PSR), shippers need to know how it will affect their operations and profitability,” said MARS President Tom Surma. “I hope the speakers and presentations at our Summer Meeting will provoke some real dialogue on the impacts for shippers."
The MARS Summer Meeting will feature key transportation executives and experts, including:
- James Squires, chairman, president & CEO, Norfolk Southern;
- Patrick Fuchs, vice chairman, Surface Transportation Board;
- Eric Jakubowski, chief commercial officer, Anacostia Rail Holdings;
- James Magee, president, CAI Rail;
- Tim Quinlan, director and senior economist, Wells Fargo Securities; and
- A panel of shippers discussing PSR impacts.
The MARS semiannual meetings include speakers, presentations, and panels focusing on current issues facing the freight rail industry. MARS also provides a forum to educate and inform in the areas of railroad operating practices, new innovations in transportation, and legislative matters.
For the upcoming Summer Meeting, the schedule on Monday, July 15 includes the annual Scholarship Golf Outing, a reception, and a networking buffet dinner. The business meeting is scheduled for a full day on Tuesday, July 16.