POMPANO BEACH, FL — Gardco, a Paul N. Gardner Company, has introduced a versatile new Compact CFT Friction Tester, which provides detailed information of the slip characteristics of packaging material.
Surface slip is a key factor when printing, erecting or filling packaging materials on an automatic line. Friction parameters help the manufacturer understand how the finish of a blown film or printed carton can influence the feeding and running speed. In addition to these values the CFT produces detailed force graphs that can be printed to date/time stamped label (optional extra).
The CFT measures both static and dynamic coefficients of friction. How is friction measured using the CFT? A sample of 2.5" x 2.5" (63.5mm x 63.5mm) with a weight acting over the entire surface area is moved over another sample at a given speed. Static and dynamic COF are automatically calculated and displayed on screen.
- A single touch button to initiate tests based on defined test parameters
- An automatic sled placement with variable dwell times give more repeatable static slip results
- Graphical representation of forces during test
- Static and dynamic COF results displayed on screen immediately after test
- Full statistical analysis of test results, which can be printed to label printer for easy reporting
- Pre-loaded ISO/ASTM/TAPPI test methods
- An easy load sled for fast sample preparation
- Easy sample mounting
- An optional results printer
- A touch sensitive Interface