According to a Feb. 13 report by the New Hampshire Union Leader, Bedford, MA-based industrial distributor F.W. Webb is planning relocate its Amherst, NH distribution center to a massive new facility it will build in nearby Londonderry.
F.W. Webb's director of marketing Alicia Criniti told the Union Leader that at 1 million square feet and a total project cost of $55 million, building construction is to begin in May in time for an opening some time during fall 2017.
One of the region's top distributors of plumbing, heating, cooling, and other industrial products, F.W. Webb was No. 22 on Industrial Distribution's 2015 Big 50 List with $910 million in 2014 sales. The company recent had initial discussions on the plan before the Londonberry planning board.
F.W. Webb's facility in Amherst is an estimated 400,000 square feet.
The company has undergone significant expansion over the past 3 years. Here's what its past two years have included:
- September 2015 - Began construction of a 35,000 square foot distribution center and showroom in Oakland, ME
- June 2015 - Relocated Plattsburgh, NY location into new a new 33,000 square foot facility there.
- May 2015 - Acquired New Jersey-based Grant Supply
- November 2014 - Acquired Watertown, MA-based Watertown Supply
- May 2014 - Opened 64,000 square foot branch in Allentown, PA
- January 2014 - Opened 40,000 square foot facility in Ballston Spa, NY.
Those moves came after a handful of other new facilities and acquisitions in 2013.
"We wanted to stay within a reasonable distance of Amherst because we want to keep the people who work in Amherst today,” F.W. Webb's Criniti told the Union Leader, adding that all 140 Amherst employees are expected to be retained, though there are no immediate plans to hire more people in Londonderry.