ALBUQUERQUE, NM — Summit Electric Supply raised $143,337 to assist its associates who were directly impacted by Hurricane Harvey in Houston and the surrounding Gulf Coast communities.
The company established the Summit Associate Disaster Relief Fund at the Greater Houston Community Foundation. Fellow associates were able to donate to this fund via payroll deduction, check, or credit card to help their colleagues in need. Summit matched each tax-deductible donation dollar for dollar. To ensure that 100 percent of the donations went to associate relief, the company also paid all administrative costs and credit card processing fees.
Summit also offered associates the option of donating one day of vacation time. The company then converted these days into dollars, which were donated to the fund.
Summit showed its support for its associates in many other ways as well:
- Summit leaders contacted every associate living in the affected communities and stayed in continuous contact throughout the duration of the storm and its aftermath.
- Displaced associates were provided temporary housing during and after the storm.
- Hourly associates were paid for scheduled hours if they were unable to report to work due to the storm.
- Interest-free loans were provided to associates so they could meet immediate needs.
- Summit provided flood remediation kits to dry out flooded associates properties.
“We are proud of our associates who have given generously to help their fellow colleagues,” said Victor Jury Jr., Summit Chairman and CEO. “While I’m not surprised, I’m still overwhelmed by the concern and generosity of the Summit family.”
Summit Electric Supply is a privately held, independent electrical distributor headquartered in Albuquerque, NM. Founded in 1977, the company operates service centers in 24 U.S. markets and in Dubai, UAE. Summit also has an international sales division and an EP&C division located in Houston, TX, as well as an industrial marine division located in New Orleans, LA. Summit is ranked as the 19th largest electrical distributor in the nation by Modern Distribution Management magazine. For more information, visit us at www.summit.com.