MASON, OH — Based on positive customer response to its ACTYLUS Smart Bin System, Apex Supply Chain Technologies introduces the ACTYLUS 8100 and 8200. These smart bin systems enable operations with assembly and compact manufacturing cells to take advantage of replenishment automation to ensure bin supplies never run out.
The devices are compact, at one shelf (14.5 inches) and two shelves high (22 inches), respectively. They are ideal for use in benchtop and wall mount applications, including assembly cells and individual workstations.
ACTYLUS Smart Bin Systems automate Kanban and the vendor managed inventory (VMI) process. This eliminates the need for labor-intensive manual bin scanning, which is known for being inefficient, wasteful and expensive. It also virtually eliminates stock-outs and rush shipments. The 8100 and 8200 models have even more use cases, increasing the impact smart bins are already having on inventory replenishment processes.
Smart Bin Benefits in a Space-Saving Design
With every inch of floor space being scrutinized as part of continuous improvement programs, the ACTYLUS 8100 and 8200 take the smart bin system’s already space-saving footprint to the next level. Either model can be used with an optional riser or wall mount that raises the bins off the work surface, conserving benchtop work space.
And with these new models, customers and suppliers alike will experience all of the benefits they’ve come to expect from ACTYLUS smart bin systems.
- Automatic Low-Level Alerts: Smart bins can automatically detect low levels and send alerts to managers and suppliers when pre-set minimums are reached.
- Eliminating Stock-outs: Eliminating stock-outs ensures production will not be interrupted.
- Increasing Productivity: Stockouts create unproductive, unplanned downtime while workers wait for someone to get an expensive emergency order of supplies.
- More Efficient Supplier Relationships: Smart bins ensure distributors see real-time inventory levels and can focus on growing their business instead of counting bins.
- Managers Work Smarter:When managers are freed from manual bin counts, they can spend their time on more high-value tasks.
- Increasing Cash Flow: By eliminating safety stock from inventory, there is an immediate cash flow benefit.
- Flexible Configurations: Available in a range of bin and shelf configurations, ACTYLUS is capable of storing and monitoring many items traditionally stored in bins, from electrical components, fasteners and auto parts to healthcare supplies, maintenance parts, plumbing and more.
- Easy to Set Up: Installation only requires plugging the device into a power supply and an Internet connection—no software or servers are needed.
- Easy to Use: ACTYLUS features brightly colored, LED-lit bins to ensure quick and easy item selection, regardless of where they’re located.
Real-Time Inventory Visibility with Apex Trajectory Cloud Platform
ACTYLUS smart bins are powered by the Apex Trajectory CloudTM, a secure analytics and inventory replenishment platform that consolidates smart bin data in real time to give distributors and their customers 24/7 visibility into inventory. Stock levels can be checked and managed online anytime and anywhere from a smartphone, tablet or computer.
To learn more about the ACTYLUS Smart Bin System, visit http://ApexSupplyChain.com/Actylus.