A month ago, the ID Index suffered an exceptionally large loss of 54.39. Two weeks ago, the index recovered slightly by gaining 7.21 points. This week, the index plunges again with a total loss of 31.23 points on the week.
One disclaimer: Please consider that market values may have changed slightly since the close of business on Friday, June 14th, 2012.
A week ago, the ID Index came in at 716.55 after a slight gain of 7.21 points. As of Friday, June 14th, the index is up down 31.23 points for a total value of 685.33.
W.W. Grainger (GWW) continues its lead of the index at 177.68 points, down 12.19 points in two weeks, suffering the largest loss. The company still doubles any other in its value, but now just barely so.
Lawson Products is for the third index in a row the lowest valued stock coming in at 8.58 points, down 1.01 points on the week.
Other economic data worth noting:
- $1 = 0.79 Euros, down slightly from .80 two weeks ago.
- A gallon of regular gas is averaging $3.53 in the U.S., and $3.69 a year ago.
- Crude oil is currently trading at $83.91, versus $93.21/barrel two weeks ago and $91.96 a year ago.
- Natural gas is currently at $2.50/BTU, up .17 since last index.
- Gold is at $1619.60/Troy ounce, hovering pretty regularly.
- Copper is at $3.35/pound, up a little since last index.
United Technologies (UTX)
General Electric (GE)
Dow Industrial (DIA)
Deere & Co. (DE)
General Motors (GM)
Ford Motor Company (F)
Dow Chemical (DOW)
Lear Corporation (LEA)
Illinois Tool Works (ITW)
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Is there a publicly traded manufacturer that you would like to see listed? Let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ID Index is comprised of your publicly-traded peer companies that we can track in offering some insight on the comparative health of industrial distribution. All of these companies are found in our Big 50, with their rankings ranging from #3 to #32. Each week we’ll offer a look at how the index performed collectively, as well as individually. Additional, pertinent economic data will also be included from time to time.