NEW YORK — The new Mini-Anemometer/Psychrometer with CFM/CMM & Enthalpy (DAF3009) from General Tools & Instruments is suited for HVACR technicians and contractors. It offers the ability to measure eight HVACR-related parameters in one handheld device that is small and light enough for one-handed operation.
The DAF3009 can measure all parameters associated with installing, testing and fine-tuning the performance of an HVACR system:
- Airflow Volume (in CFM or CMM)
- Air Speed (in ft/min, m/sec, km/hr, mph or knots)
- Enthalpy (in BTU/lb or kJ/kg)
- Ambient Temperature
- Dew Point Temperature
- Wet Bulb Temperature
- Wind Chill Index
- Relative Humidity
The instrument not only can measure air speed and airflow volume, but also can track and calculate the maximum, minimum and average values recorded over a measurement “session.” A session begins when the device is powered on and ends five minutes after the final measurement is made (when the Auto Power Off function activates). This capability is helpful for a variety of purposes, such as determining the fastest and slowest fans in a group or the average of a group of fans.
The DAF3009 also features a large backlit dual-readout LCD, a vane and sensor cap and a tripod mount. It offers the following measurement ranges and accuracies.
- Airflow Volume: 0 to 591,000 CFM (0 to 16,740 CMM); +/-3% typical
- Air Speed: 80 to 5910 ft/min (0.4 to 30 m/s); +/-3% typical
- Enthalpy: -8 to 318 BTU/lb. (-19 to 740 kJ/kg)
- Ambient Temperature: 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C) ; +/-1.8°F (1°C) typical
- Dew Point: -67° to 122°F (-55° to 50°C)
- Wet Bulb: -31° to 122°F (-35° to 50°C)
- Relative Humidity: 0 to 100%; +/-3% typical