Melville, NY - MSC Industrial Supply Co. announces the launch of its ControlPoint inventory management solution.
The brand combines MSC's existing suite of software, hardware, and service expertise into a unified inventory management portfolio that allows customers to leverage technology to achieve greater visibility and control over their MRO spending. The result is improved productivity and profitability across the often disparate supply chains.
In complex manufacturing and service environments, many companies do not know the extent of the MRO inventory they possess, where it is physically located in their operations, and how best to use it.
Statistics show that companies across the U.S. spend an estimated $140 billion on MRO inventory, and almost 70 percent of that will go unused over the course of a year.
"Effective inventory management plays a critical role in a company's business strategy and - if done well - can offer a significant competitive advantage. Serving as a strategic partner to manufacturers and other customers, we offer a strategic combination of inventory management solutions and industry expertise to help them navigate complex supply chain issues," said Bill Welch, MSC's Inventory Management Director. "We are continuously looking for ways to bring greater value to our customers, which is why we've packaged our inventory management solutions under one brand which will allow us to choose the right solution for each unique circumstance, and help make these services more accessible to all of our customers."
MSC's ControlPoint Inventory Management solutions can be used collectively, individually or in any combination to best serve the needs of a customer's business. ControlPoint solutions include the following services:
- Industrial Vending: which is a full collection of next-generation, configurable vending equipment that leverages software to control supplies and report a customer's inventory management spend, 24/7;
- Vendor-Managed Inventory (VMI), which is an MSC managed service where an MSC specialist monitors inventory to effectively and efficiently manage customer replenishment orders on behalf of a customer;
- Customer-Managed Inventory (CMI), which is a customer-managed replenishment tool that uses barcode technology and allows a customer to effectively track and reorder inventory online;
- eProcurement, which enables customers to use MSC's robust eCommerce site to standardize specific SKU purchase and maximize discounts;
- Inventory Management Software, which uses advanced technology to optimize the ordering, tracking and deployment of critical - and often expensive inventory investments; and
- Onsite Services, in which MSC associates provide onsite support to manage inventory for a customer.
To learn more about MSC's ControlPoint solutions, please visit mscdirect.com/controlpoint.