ITASCA, IL — The National Safety Council announced Wednesday the new class of NSC Rising Stars of Safety, presented by DuPont Sustainable Solutions. Honorees will be recognized at the 2014 NSC Congress & Expo on Sept. 16 in San Diego.
“We are pleased to continue our support of the NSC Rising Stars of Safety program, acknowledging the safety leaders of tomorrow,” said James Weigand, president, DuPont Sustainable Solutions. “We offer our sincere congratulations to each of this year’s honorees, who are truly making a difference in the world with their passion and talent.”
The NSC Rising Stars of Safety program, now in its fifth year, recognizes future leaders for their dedication and influence in safety. With many outstanding nominations to choose from, the 41 honorees selected this year have shown a strong commitment to promoting a cycle of continuous improvement and creating initiatives focused on measureable outcomes — key components of the Council’s Journey to Safety Excellence.
"This year, we recognize a talented group of individuals at our Congress & Expo," said Deborah A.P. Hersman, president and CEO of NSC. "These young professionals are rising to meet emerging safety challenges and are the future leaders of the safety movement."
The honorees for the Class of 2014 are listed below and featured in the September issue of Safety+Health magazine:
- Hesham Abdulla, HSE Coordinator, Aluminium Bahrain
- Mike Anthony, Safety Manager, City of Chattanooga
- Jerry Arnold, Safety Manager, Woodward Design+Build
- Trevor Atherton, Safety Manager, Gribbins Insulation Co.
- Nicole Brooks Taylor, Safety, Health and Environmental Program Manager, National Park Service Cape Cod National Seashore
- Jonathan Briley, Senior EHS Specialist, Pfizer Inc.
- Cindy Brock, JMC Lead Safety Engineer, Army Joint Munitions Command (JMC) Safety Dept.
- Garrett Bush, Regulatory Compliance Manager, Pike Enterprises Inc.
- Jason Chilton, Senior HSE and Facilities Leader, Honeywell Aerospace
- Kyle Cutsail, Global Safety Program Manager, Solenis
- Aaron Davis, Supervisory Occupational Safety and Health Specialist, Marine Corps Installations Pacific, Marine Corps Base Camp Smedley D. Butler
- Shane Deaton, Safety Director, Henry Bros. Co.
- Tehzin Dhanani, Health, Safety and Environment Manager, Enwave Energy Corp.
- Ami Gore, Safety Administrator, Orange County Government
- Calvin Grade, Technical Sergeant, 730 Air Mobility Squadron, Yokota Air Base
- Mike Hill, Regional Safety Manager, Performance Contracting Inc.
- Drena Howard, Associate Director, Global Retail, Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
- Ross Jambon, HSE Specialist, Baker Hughes Inc.
- Jennifer Johnston, Entry Level Professional Program Manager, Georgia-Pacific
- Tanya King, Human Resources Manager and Safety Director, Duke's Landscape Management
- Rachel Kumar, Senior Industrial Hygienist, Environment, Safety, Security and Health, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions
- Corey Lemmon, Senior Manager, Environmental, Health and Safety, Philips Respironics
- Arturo Lopez, Senior HSE Specialist, Emergency Response and Security, Lyondellbasell – CCO Facility
- Maryanne Martin, Compliance Safety and Health Officer, OSHA
- Sandra Merritt, Environmental, Health and Safety Manager, Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems
- Anthony Miller, Vice President, SH&E, Parsons Corp.
- Rhonda Piggee, SHE Manager, DSM Nutritional Products
- Megan Raines, Global Director – Safety and Training, Dresser-Rand Corp., Synchrony Business Unit
- Shahzad Rasheed, Manager Responsible Supply Chain, Bulleh Shah Packaging Pvt. Ltd.
- Dustin Richartz, Senior Loss Control Consultant, Lockton Companies
- Chris Shieldsmith, Corporate Ergonomics Specialist, Cummins Inc.
- Matthew Stangle, Vice President, Risk Management Division, Insurance Force
- Jason Townsell, Manager, SHE, AECOM
- Jeff Ullian, Manager ESH Training, Argonne National Laboratory
- Andrew Valentine, Business Unit Safety Manager, Gilbane Building Co.
- Adonay “Dave” Varela, Emergency and Continuity Planning Program Manager, Naval Undersea Warfare Center
- Ryan Vieau, Vice President, Lakehead Painting Co.
- Magnus Wallen, HSE Manager, URS Corp.
- Catherine White, Associate Industrial Hygiene Specialist, The Dow Chemical Co.
- Andrea Ziegenhagen, Safety Manager, Tru Vue Inc.
- Brian Zoeller, Vice President of Safety and Security, Neenah Enterprises Inc.
Founded in 1913 and chartered by Congress, the National Safety Council, nsc.org, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to save lives by preventing injuries and deaths at work, in homes and communities, and on the road through leadership, research, education, and advocacy. NSC advances this mission by partnering with businesses, government agencies, elected officials and the public in areas where it can make the most impact.