Pittsburgh, PA-based PPG Industries recently announced nine Excellent Supplier Award recipients for superior performance in 2014, with Motion Industries as one of the honorees.
PPG's criteria for Excellent Supplier Awards include quality, commercial value, delivery, documentation, innovation, responsiveness, sustainability and participation in PPG's Supplier Added Value Effort ($AVE) program.
Motion Industries – No. 9 on Industrial Distribution's 2014 Big 50 List – was awarded for its supply of industrial replacement parts and supplies to PPG and collaboration with PPG's U.S. operations on sustainability-focused and cost-savings projects.
On an annual basis, PPG purchases more than $7.5 billion in goods and services globally from thousands of suppliers.
“We are pleased to recognize these suppliers, whose products, services, innovation and overall value in 2014 were outstanding,” said Steve Lampe, PPG vice president, corporate purchasing and logistics. “We consider them critical business partners who provide exceptional and significant competitive advantage to PPG.”
Other companies earning the 2014 Excellent Supplier Award, and the products and services they provide, were:
- Cantarella & Molteni of Brianza, Italy, works proactively to improve processes and efficiency in providing color sample collections for PPG’s automotive refinish business in Europe and North America.
- Cleveland Steel Container, headquartered in Ohio, has supplied steel pails across PPG’s North American coatings businesses for more than 25 years and continues to seek savings opportunities and meet high quality standards.
- Maverick Transportation, North Little Rock, Arkansas, provides specialized truckload operations to PPG's flat glass business with an emphasis on continuous-improvement and cost-savings initiatives.
- Noahs Ark Chemicals, based in London, provides PPG's automotive refinish business in Europe with timely delivery of various chemicals and support to help reduce costs and working capital.
- pack2pack, based in the Netherlands, is an exceptionally flexible supplier of metal packaging that helps PPG's coatings businesses in Europe reduce costs and streamline processes.
- PCCR USA, a U.S. subsidiary of Polynt Group with headquarters in Carpentersville, Illinois, has adopted PPG processes and methodology in its own resin-production facilities to support PPG's resins group.
- THOR Group,El Segundo, California, is aclass leader in bacterial control that has helped PPG's architectural coatings technical team realize savings in North America, Europe and Asia.
- Unimin Corp., New Canaan, Connecticut, has long provided non-metallic industrial minerals for PPG’s glass manufacturing operations, helping control costs through both pricing and inventory-reduction efforts.
Motion Industries is the industrial distribution subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company, which is set to release its second quarter financial earnings on July 20.