Wear-Flex from Lawson Products (Chicago, IL) is a self-mixing urethane repair compound that forms a flexible bond on a variety of materials. It’s perfect for applications that involve vibration or expansion/contraction movement. Wear-Flex adheres to rubber, ABS, concrete, urethane, steel, wood, ceramics, glass, nylon, composites, and masonry. It’s available in self-leveling and non-sag formulas for horizontal and vertical applications. Specifically:
- Applications include conveyor repair, urethane bushings, bellows, bumpers and tire chocks, concrete seam repair, crack repair in high vibration areas.
- Superior adhesion to multiple surfaces.
- Short cure time for fast repairs.
- Forms a flexible bond that withstands chemicals, grease, oil, and water.
- Remains flexible at low temperatures.
According to Lawson, Wear-Flex was utilized in an experiment conducted on the International Space Station to observe the effect of microgravity on rubber compounds. Not only did Wear-Flex rubber form during spaceflight, but it also remained intact and flexible upon return to Earth.