Thomas & Betts Product Accommodates GFCI, Single, Duplex or Switch Configurations
Memphis, TN – Red•Dot® Code Keeper® Universal While-In-Use Covers from Thomas & Betts now meet National Electric Code (NEC) requirements for extra-duty applications, as well as receptacle installation in wet locations. The covers comply with Section 406.9 (B) (1) and 590.4 (D) (2) for extra-duty outlet box hoods, which are now required for any installation other than one- or two-family dwellings.
Features include the following:
- Preconfigured for GFCI with adapter plates to accommodate single or duplex receptacles and switches;
- Available in a range of cover depths and receptacle configurations for almost every common plug and cord size;
- Most sizes include keyhole mounts for the back to make installation quick and efficient;
- Combination box or device-mounting design provides flexibility in installation;
- Durable latching covers prevent accidental equipment disconnects, reduce tampering and deter theft;
- Lockable covers comply with OSHA lockout/tagout requirements;
- Clearly visible UL® and CSA markings for easy inspection and speedy approval;
- Two adapter plates are included with single-gang covers and four adapter plates are included with two-gang covers.
For more information, please visit www.tnb.com.