Board Reflects SCC’s Practitioner-Driven Leadership Model
Houston, TX– Members of the Supply Chain Council (SCC), a global management organization, have elected eight board members to serve three-year terms. They are:
- Matt Davis, Principal Research Analyst, Gartner’s AMR Supply Chain Research;
- Lars Magnusson - Manager, SupplyDevelopment, Ericsson AB
- Maha Muzumdar, Vice President of Supply Chain Marketing, Oracle Corporation;
- Rocky Newman, Professor of Supply Chain and Operations Management, Miami University of Ohio;
- Paul Peters - Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Supply Chain Integration, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Logistics and Materiel Readiness, Department of Defense;
- John Sells, Senior Manager, Logistics & Sustainment, Lockheed Martin;
- Christian Verstraete, CTO, Manufacturing & Distribution Industries, Hewlett Packard;
- Peter Vanderminden – Principal, Enterprise Strategist, Supply Chain, Transportation & Logistics, Microsoft Corporation.
The SCC board provides strategic direction and sets policies that enable Supply Chain Council to provide high quality member services, including research, education, and training. “We are fortunate to have a board that is experienced and deeply versed in the real-world supply chain challenges that our members face every day,” said SCC Executive Director Joseph Francis.
The following SCC board members will return to serve out their ongoing terms:
- Karl Braitberg, Vice President, Supply Chain Operations, Cisco Systems
- David Closs, Professor of Business Administration, Michigan State University;
- Nancy Craft, Director Customer Loyalty, Volvo (SCC);
- Steve Georgevitch, Senior Project Manager, Analysis, Integration & Logistics, Boeing.
- Brad Householder, Director, Supply Chain Management Practice, PRTM;
- Larry Lichter, Vice President, Supply Chain Planning & Customer Fulfillment, McCormick & Company, Inc.;
- Gary Kilponen, Vice President Operations, Cameron Valves and Measurement Group;
- Don Weintritt, Global Director, Supply Chain Technology, Dow Chemical.
Chair of the Board for the upcoming year will be Steve Georgevitch. Also on the Board Executive Committee are Larry Lichter, Treasurer, and Nancy Craft, Secretary. Gary Kilponen is the Immediate Past Chair.
Many of the SCC board members will attend two major upcoming SCC events this fall. The SCC Executive Summit (18-20 Sept. 2012, Indian Wells, CA) is designed to include topics that supply chain executives have expressed as major impactors on their decision-making and development. Attendance is limited to only 100 people. Program details and registration information are available at www.scc-execsummit.org/na.
Supply Chain World Europe (21-23 Oct. 2012, Madrid) provides a mix of notable keynote speakers, concurrent sessions, and networking opportunities. Program details and registration information are available at www.supplychainworld.org/europe.
ABOUT SUPPLY CHAIN COUNCIL
Supply Chain Council (www.supply-chain.org, +1 202 962 0440) is a global management organization that helps its members make dramatic and rapid improvements in supply chain processes. SCC maintains the Supply Chain Operations Reference (SCOR®) model, the supply chain management community's most widely accepted framework for evaluating and comparing supply chain activities and improving performance.