PARIS -- Rexel, a global leader in the distribution of electrical supplies, announces the acquisition of three companies:
• Nortel Suprimentos Industriais, which allows the Group to enter the Brazilian market,
• Yantra Automation, allowing the Group to enter the Indian market,
• Beijing Lucky Well Zhineng, strengthening the Group’s footprint in China.Through these acquisitions, the Group:
• reinforces its sales in emerging countries by c. €140 million on an annual basis, i.e. an increase of c. 25% compared to Rexel’s 2010 consolidated revenue in these markets,
• expands its worldwide presence to 2 emerging countries (Brazil and India) that offer high growth potential, profitability above Group average and in which its major international suppliers are expanding their business.These acquisitions, which will all be accretive from the first year, are part of Rexel’s external growth strategy, which aims at expanding the Group’s presence in emerging countries, strengthening its market share in key mature countries and broadening its offer of value-added services.