Amazon’s B2B segment is continuing its global expansion, with the e-commerce giant announcing Wednesday that Amazon Business has just launched in Italy and Spain. That makes eight countries Amazon Business is now available in, joining the U.S., Germany, United Kingdom, Japan, India and France, in chronological launch order.
The addition of Italy and Spain gains Amazon Business a presence in the eighth and 13th-largest national economies by GDP. It was already available in the top seven. Geographically, the expansion extends Amazon Business’ reach into western and southern Europe, gaining large metropolitan population centers including Rome, Milan, Naples, Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia.
Business customers in Italy and Spain will be privy to the following key features available to Amazon Business users:
- Free Shipping: Access free shipping for qualified orders of 29€ ($33.55 U.S.) or more on millions of eligible items.
- VAT-Exclusive Pricing and VAT Invoicing: View pricing with and without VAT on millions of eligible products (also available in the United Kingdom, Germany and France).
- Multi-User Business Accounts: Connect individuals or departments under one business account and gain visibility into business spend on Amazon.
- Purchasing System Integration: Capability to integrate leading third-party procurement solutions for easy access to Amazon Business.
- Approval Workflows: Enable better spending controls with approval workflows.
- Simplified Procurement: Add Purchase Orders (PO) numbers, project codes or cost centers to customer orders for easier approvals, tracking and reconciliation.
Amazon Business customers in all eight countries are able to purchase business supplies in the local language and receive local delivery. With this newest expansion, sellers on Amazon Business can reach new customers in Italy and Spain.
“These sellers can access features such as the VAT Calculation Service, which automatically creates VAT invoices on behalf of sellers for Amazon orders placed and displays VAT-exclusive prices on their products to business customers,” the company said Wednesday.
Amazon Business launched in the U.S. in April of 2015, in Germany in December of 2016, in the United Kingdom in April of 2017, in Japan and India last September, and in France this past February.
Here are Amazon Business' eight current country websites:
- Amazon Business United States: www.amazon.com/business
- Amazon Business Germany: www.amazon.de/business
- Amazon Business United Kingdom: www.amazon.co.uk/business
- Amazon Business Japan: www.amazon.co.jp/business
- Amazon Business India: www.amazon.in/business
- Amazon Business France: www.amazon.fr/business
- Amazon Business Italy: www.amazon.it/business
- Amazon Business Spain: www.amazon.es/business