Washington, DC — NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence and strategic partner Chally Group Worldwide, a global sales and leadership potential, performance, and talent measurement firm, have released a free research report, “Sales Force Hiring Best Practices for Wholesale Distribution Organizations,” which is available for immediate download at http://chally.com/naw/hiring_best_practices.html.
Wholesale distribution firms face a growing, largely demographic challenge in recruiting talent for their sales organizations. Recent research shows that world-class organizations overcome these issues by implementing a more rational hiring process, based on the measurable, quantitative characteristics of the most successful sales professionals. Chally Group Worldwide has written this authoritative report on how distribution firms can employ proven best practices in hiring the most productive sales forces.
Chally undertook a comprehensive review of past research in best practices of world-class organizations. The goal of the research is to help wholesaler-distributors increase the effectiveness of hiring sales talent and sales leadership by improving strategies and tactics for sourcing, selection, and onboarding.
A summary of the challenges addressed in the report include:
- Recruiting and retaining replacements for exiting Baby Boomers is difficult due to different attitudes, motivations, and expectations.
- Capturing reliable, useful information about job candidates ranks high on the list of challenges.
- Generational issues are significant barriers to hiring – gradual career development doesn’t resonate with Millennials.
- Tight-knit industries and markets tend to fish in the same pond for candidates which typically results in pulling from a smaller pool of experienced talent.
- Technology has altered the skill set required of salespeople – new tools are required for communication, and customers are empowered with more information and choice than in the past.
This report helps wholesaler-distributors understand and adopt best-practice hiring methods that will
- Reduce cost to source promising candidates
- Reduce onboarding investment and ramp time
- Increase sales productivity
- Manage turnover of new hires
- Provide for future flexibility and potential growth.
“The NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence is pleased with the important insights that Chally has provided in this report to help wholesaler-distributors with their sales force hiring and development needs,” said Ron Schreibman, Executive Director of the NAW Institute.
After reviewing this report, distribution executives who would like more information about how Chally can assist their firm with selection, development, and succession planning, may contact:
Chally Group Worldwide
The National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors (NAW) was created in 1946 to deal with issues of interest to the entire merchant wholesale distribution industry, thereby freeing affiliated associations to concentrate on the concerns specific to their lines of trade. NAW is a federation of about 80 wholesale distribution associations and thousands of individual firms that collectively total more than 40,000 companies. Visit www.naw.org. The role of the NAW Institute for Distribution Excellence is to sponsor and disseminate research into strategic management issues affecting the wholesale distribution industry. The NAW Institute aims to help merchant wholesaler-distributors remain the most effective and efficient channel in distribution. Visit www.nawpubs.org.
A global sales and leadership potential, performance, and talent measurement firm, Chally Group Worldwide provides its industry-leading research, predictive analytics, and advisory services to wholesaler-distributors across 60 countries. Chally assures that our customers have the information they need to grow sales and minimize risks associated with talent management decisions relating to selection, alignment, development, and succession planning. Visit www.chally.com.