Barsema to Lead as Chair in 2014-2015, Followed by Goedecke in 2015-2016
St. Louis, MO - The National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) announces its new Board of Directors for 2014-2015. Led by the NAED chair, the Board of Directors is a dedicated group of industry leaders who volunteer their time and efforts to improve the association and the electrical distribution channel.
Maureen Barsema, vice president, Business Administration, Buffalo Grove, IL-based City Revere Electric Supply, will become the 2014-2015 NAED chair at the conclusion of the National Meeting held April 26-29 in San Francisco.
Barsema has served the electrical distribution industry for 32 years. Throughout her career, she has taken on many leadership roles within the NAED. Barsema has served on several committees including Reverse Logistics, PAC Committee, SPA Task Force, and the Strategic Technology Task Force. She has also served on the South Central Region Council since 2006 and was the South Central Region Vice President in 2011.
“I wanted to represent the passion I have for this industry as we adapt and move from what we have successfully done in the past into the next phase,” Barsema said. “That’s why I chose ‘Evolve’ as my theme. This is an incredibly exciting time for us because there is so much opportunity and challenges to push us to the next level of what we contribute to the health of this industry.”
Barsema succeeds Sandra Rosecrans, president and CEO of Syracuse, NY-based City Electric, and will be followed in 2015 by Glenn Goedecke, executive vice president, Business Development, of Birmingham, AL-based Mayer Electric Supply, who was named board chair-elect.
Members of the Board of Directors for the 2014-2015 term are:
- Maureen Barsema, NAED Board Chair, BJ Electric Supply, Madison, WI
- Sandra Rosecrans, Past NAED Board Chair, City Electric Company Inc., Syracuse, NY
- Glen Goedecke, Chair-elect, Mayer Electric Supply, Birmingham, AL
- Scott O’Day, Eastern Region Vice President, Controller Service & Sales Co., Avon, MA
- George Vorwick, Eastern Region Vice President-elect, United Electric Supply, Wilmington, DE
- Marc Malvizzi, Eastern Region Past Vice President, Eastern Penn Supply Co., Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Kelly Vliet, South Central Region Vice President, Medler Electric Co., Alma, MI
- Daniel Dungan, South Central Region Vice President-elect, Springfield Electric Supply, Springfield, IL
- Shaker Brock, South Central Region Past Vice President, Electric Supply Inc., Tampa, FL
- Jeffrey Stroin, Western Region Vice President, Concord, CA
- John Maltby, Western Region Vice President-elect, Maltby Electric Supply, San Francisco, CA
- David Maxwell, Western Region Past Vice President, Graybar, Dublin, CA
- Larry Stern, NAED Foundation Chair, Standard Electric Supply Co., Milwaukee, WI
- Bill Squires, NAED Foundation Chair-elect, SMC, Springfield, MO
- John Cain, NAED Finance Committee Chair, Wiseway Supply, Florence, KY
- James W. Smith, IDEA Representative, Mayer Electric Supply, Birmingham, AL
- Martin Burbridge, Member-at-large, Crescent Electric Supply, East Dubuque, IL
- Fil Cerminara, Member-at-large, F&M Electric Supply, Danbury, CT
- John Hardy, Member-at-large, CapitalTristate, Upper Marlboro, MD
- Rocklan E. Lawrence, Member-at-large, National Electric Supply Co., Albuquerque, NM
- Ken Rogers, Member-at-large, Ideal Electrical Supply, Washington, D.C.
- David Rosenstein, Member-at-large, ConneXion, Buffalo Grove, IL
- John Selldorff, Member-at-large, Legrand North America, West Hartford, CT
- Jay Tupa, LEAD Committee Chair, Dakota Supply Group, Grand Forks, ND
NAED is the trade association for the $70+ billion electrical distribution industry. Through networking, education, research, and benchmarking, NAED helps electrical distributors increase profitability and improve the channel. NAED's membership operates in nearly 5,100 locations internationally.