New Aftermarket Services Business Offers Total Solution for the Technology Supply Chain
Phoenix, AZ – Avnet, Inc. announces the launch of Avnet Integrated Resources, a global provider delivering a complete portfolio of aftermarket services to the technology supply chain. Avnet Integrated Resources is the only company delivering a total solution of end-to-end aftermarket services for electronics original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), service providers and corporations, making it easier and faster for them to manage the lifecycle of their technology investments.
Avnet has built a robust suite of aftermarket services through a series of strategic acquisitions to offer a “one-stop-shop” approach to the growing need to repair, refurbish and responsibly dispose of electronic products and consumer electronics. Avnet Integrated Resources offers customers the ability to integrate end-to-end solutions that include:
- Onsite technical field services
- Board level repair and refurbishment of electronic products
- Extended warranty, spares management and repair parts programs
- Responsible disposition of electronic products to maximize asset value at the end of service life
- Responsible recycling for recovery of base material value
“Avnet recognizes the growing need for integrated aftermarket service solutions,” said Steve Church, president, Avnet Integrated Resources. “OEMs have made their electronic products more reliable, powerful and scalable. As a result, their useful life today extends beyond OEM service life support. Corporations increasingly want to maximize their original investments and fully leverage the expanded product life.
“For consumer products, rapid technology advancements mean condensed lifecycles,” Church adds. “Because consumers are replacing smart phones, tablets and other devices more frequently, businesses and consumers continually face the challenge of deciding when to upgrade and what to do with outdated equipment. Managing these changes has created a tremendous market opportunity for refurbished products and extended lifecycle support. Fueled by public environmental awareness, consumers and industry are more conscious of making these changes responsibly and increasingly participate in product trade-in and recycling.”
The convergence of these technological, economic and environmental issues has created opportunities for Avnet to expand into the electronic products aftermarket.
“Avnet is investing in and building its aftermarket services business as part of its overall profitable growth strategy,” said Avnet CEO Rick Hamada. “By expanding into markets adjacent to our core electronic components and enterprise computing businesses, we can leverage some key existing strengths while adding to our overall services resulting in increased value for both our partners and our shareholders. Our customers have come to count on us for delivering technology, services and solutions that matter and this is another example of our ability to use our understanding of the technology supply chain to accelerate their success.”
Avnet Integrated Resources currently serves all electronics verticals, including IT hardware, mobility, telecommunications infrastructure and consumer electronics, with a full range of aftermarket solutions. Current customers include electronics OEMs, wireless and broadband providers, and Fortune 500 companies.
Avnet Integrated Resources service offerings:
- On site field service technician network supporting 10,000+ field events a month, including field repair and install, move, add, change (IMAC)
- Integrated technical call center supporting a 4,000+ field-service technician network with training, call dispatch and customer service
- Service parts logistics, including warranty and spares pool management
- Board level repair centers of excellence with capabilities that include hardware and software engineering design, test and repair development, failure analysis, high pin count component-level repair, product refurbishment and diagnostic testing
- R2 certified asset recovery and reclamation, IT asset disposition (ITAD), demanufacturing, secure data destruction, remarketing and recycling to maximize the value returned to customers
Avnet Integrated Resources comes to market with over 1.3 million square feet of operating facilities in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
About Avnet Integrated Resources
Avnet Integrated Resources, a business unit of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT), provides total solutions for the aftermarket needs of electronics OEMs, service providers and corporations. Capabilities include technical field services, board-level repair, refurbishment, IT asset disposition (ITAD), remarketing and R2 certified recycling.
Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT), a Fortune 500 Company, is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded technology serving customers in more than 70 countries. Avnet accelerates its partners' success by connecting the world's leading technology suppliers with a broad base of more than 100,000 customers by providing cost-effective, value-added services and solutions. For the fiscal year ended July 2, 2011, Avnet generated revenue of $26.5 billion. For more information, visit www.avnet.com.