PEABODY, MA — KROHNE, Inc. announces a new generation of liquid and solids level measurement products featuring better measurement performance, enhanced software and an improved and more powerful signal processor. The new product families include both 24 gigahertz (GHz) and 80 GHz versions, which further increase the accuracy and range of measurement on the devices. Antennas for each model are designed to meet application-specific installations. Also available is a retrofit path for those with older style models who want to keep their existing antennas and upgrade electronics without losing the hermetic seal on the tank.
New liquid level measurement devices include:
- OPTIWAVE 5400 (24 GHz) for liquids in basic process applications; OPTWAVE 7400 (24 GHz) for agitated and corrosive liquids
- OPTIWAVE 7500 (80 GHz) for liquids in narrow tanks with internal obstructions
- OPTIWAVE 3500 (80 GHz) for liquids with hygienic requirements
These replace the OPTIWAVE 7300.
Solids level measurement devices include:
- OPTIWAVE 6400 (24 GHz) for solids ranging from granulates to rocks
- OPTIWAVE 6500 (80 GHz) for powders and dusty atmospheres
These are new devices for replacing the OPTIWAVE 6300 in the product line. Current OPTIWAVE 6300 and OPTIWAVE 7300 devices will be phased out at the end of 2017. Spare parts will be available during 2018 and later.
KROHNE is also providing an upgrade path that enables users with an older style OPTIWAVE 7300 to leave the radar antenna installed on the tank top. Users simply plug in new electronics — with no loss of hermetic seal between the tank top and electronics.