St. Louis - The National Association of Electrical Distributors announces that registration is open for the 2014 Western Region Conference. The conference will take place Jan. 20-22, 2014, at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge in Phoenix, Ariz.
Western Region Vice President David Maxwell, California district vice president for Graybar, will lead this year’s event with the theme of “Be the Change.”
Terry Jones, founder and former CEO of Travelocity.com and Chairman of Kayak.com will present the keynote on “The Business of Innovation.” He will explore the fundamentals of innovation including how to generate great ideas, how to ‘fail fast,’ how to kill projects without killing people and how to experiment and do more with less.
Once again, the NAED will kick the conference off with a full day of education, giving attendees flexibility to participate in all the industry-focused learning this event offers before launching into two days of B2B booth sessions, peer-networking groups and other relationship-building opportunities.
The NAED’s scheduled sessions will include:
- “Selling Services to Increase Your Competitive Advantage…and Maybe Even Your Profitability,” by Jim Pancero, president, Jim Pancero Inc.
- “What the Buying Process Looks Like Today – What Affects Purchase Decisions and Why,” by Kelly McDonald, author and marketing/advertising expert, McDonald Marketing
- “Online Personal Marketing Strategies – How Your Personal Brand Can Make or Break Your Business Brand,” by Sam Richter, founder and CEO, SBR Worldwide/Know More!
- “Innovation…Creating a Culture for Change,” by Louis Foreman, product development & innovation expert
- “Today’s Talent, Tomorrow’s Leaders – Building an Effective Talent Management Program,” by Erika TenEyck, research and development manager, NAED
- “Disaster Recovery and Prevention – Are You Really Ready? (Part 1),” by Gail Moraton, business resiliency manager, Institute for Business and Home Safety
- “Disaster Recovery and Prevention – NAED Stories from the Field (Part 2),” by Gail Moraton, business resiliency manager, Institute for Business and Home Safety
- “Eyes Wide Open – Investigating the Threats to Our Channel,” by Denise Keating, president, DATAgility
Visit www.naed.org/westernregionconference to register. The early bird registration deadline is Dec. 11. For more information, contact the NAED Conference Department at (888) 791-2512.
The NAED is the trade association for the $70+ billion electrical distribution industry. Through networking, education, research, and benchmarking, NAED helps electrical distributors increase profitability and improve the channel. The NAED’s membership operates in approximately 4,400 locations internationally.