CHICAGO — The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) elected its 2015 Board of Directors and Manufacturer Council at the recent PTDA Industry Summit in Orlando, Fla.
Ajay Bajaj, president, Rotator Products Limited (Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada) will become PTDA’s president in 2015. He succeeds Ken Miko, director category management and strategic accounts, BDI (Cleveland, Ohio). Bajaj has been active in PTDA since 2002, serving as a member of several task forces and four committees. Bajaj has been a member of the PTDA Board of Directors since 2010.
Following his election, Bajaj had an opportunity to address the membership. Bajaj said, “The fact that I am standing here today proves that even small distributors can contribute greatly and get a great return on our investment in our association. I truly believe my volunteer experience has made me a better businessman and a more effective leader, and I look forward to learning from all of you.”
Joining Bajaj on the 2015 PTDA Board of Directors will be:
- First Vice President LeRoy Burcroff, vice president sales, Bearing Service Inc. (Livonia, Mich.)
- Immediate Past President Ken Miko, director category management and strategic accounts, BDI (Cleveland, Ohio)
- Brian Davis, vice president, B & D Industrial (Norcross, Ga.)
- Mike Dolpp, vice president sales Americas, Thomson Industries (Amherst, N.Y.)
- Steve DuComb, sales rep and IT co-ordinator, W.C. DuComb Co., Inc.
- Jim Halverson, director PT & data communications, Van Meter Industrial (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Carlton Harvey, vice president industrial sales & corporate quality, Jamaica Bearings Co., Inc. (New Hyde Park, N.Y.)
- Jim Williams, vice president corporate purchasing and distribution centers, Motion Industries Inc.
- Second Vice President Tom Clawser, director reliability services, Delta Reliability Div. Brown Transmission & Bearing Co. (Lancaster, Penn.)
- Treasurer Chris Bursack, director of marketing, ISC Companies, Inc. (Plymouth, Minn.)
Cliff Bannon, Eastern sales manager, Isostatic Industries Inc., (Chicago) assumes the duties of the PTDA Manufacturer Council chair in 2015, succeeding Brian Kolman, president, Brewer Machine & Gear Co. (St. Louis, Mo.). Bannon has served on the Council since 2008 and has been an active PTDA member for more than sixteen years.
“I’m excited to be the next Manufacturer Council Chair for PTDA,” said Bannon. “Working with the board, understanding the issues that we each face in our markets and how these issues affect our business models will help us work together to obtain mutual success and profitability.”
Joining Bannon on the Manufacturer Council for 2015 will be:
- Vice Chair Sean Hickey, president, Lafert North America (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)
- Immediate Past Chair Brian Kolman, president, Brewer Machine & Gear Co. (St. Louis, Mo.)
- Michael Cinquemani, president & CEO, Master Power Transmission (Greenville, S.C.)
- Chris Curran, president, Climax Metal Products Company (Mentor, Ohio)
- Chris Henson, director sales US distribution, The Timken Company (Canton, Ohio)
- Tony Martell, vice president aftermarket business unit, NSK Americas (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Michael Nisenbaum, director industrial sales & marketing, Carlisle Transportation Products (Franklin, Tenn.)
- Mike Power, director sales, Lovejoy Inc. (Downers Grove, Ill.)
- Sandy Sullivan, director national accounts, U.S. Motors/Nidec Motor Corporation (St. Charles, Mo.)
The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) is a global association for the industrial power transmission/motion control (PT/MC) distribution channel. Headquartered in Chicago, PTDA represents power transmission/motion control distribution firms that generate more than $16 billion in sales and span over 3,400 locations. PTDA members also include manufacturers that supply the PT/MC industry.