Chicago, IL — The Power Transmission Distributors Association (PTDA) elected its 2014 Board of Directors and Manufacturer Council at the recent PTDA Industry Summit in Palm Desert, California.
Ken Miko, director strategic accounts, BDI (Cleveland, Ohio) will become PTDA’s president in 2014. He succeeds Chris Bursack, director marketing, ISC Companies, Inc. (Plymouth, Minn.). Miko has been active in PTDA since 1993, serving as a member of three committees (Educational Resources, Industry Relations and Technical Education) and most recently as first vice president, second vice president, and treasurer on the PTDA board. Miko also served as vice president of the PTDA Foundation in 2007, president in 2008 and 2009 and is currently an Industrial Careers Pathway® Ambassador.
“As PTDA’s 2014 president, I now have an opportunity to lead our board as we continue to implement our strategic plan. We are working to influence the direction of our industry for the benefits of our distribution and manufacturer members, which is incredibly exciting and rewarding for me,” said Miko.
Joining Miko on the 2014 PTDA Board of Directors will be:
- First Vice President Ajay Bajaj, president, Rotator Products Limited (Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada)
- Second Vice President LeRoy Burcroff, vice president sales, Bearing Service Inc. (Livonia, Mich.)
- Treasurer Mitch Bouchard, secretary & treasurer, General Bearing Service Inc. (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada)
- Immediate Past President Chris Bursack, director of marketing, ISC Companies, Inc. (Plymouth, Minn.)
- Jim Halverson, director PT & data communications, Van Meter Industrial (Cedar Rapids, Iowa)
- Carlton Harvey, vice president industrial sales & corporate quality, Jamaica Bearings Co., Inc. (New Hyde Park, N.Y.)
- David Mayer, vice president marketing & services, Kaman Industrial Technologies Corporation (Bloomfield, Conn.)
- Bill Childers, president, C&U Americas (Plymouth, Mich.)
- Tom Clawser, director reliability services, Delta Reliability Div. Brown Transmission & Bearing Co. (Lancaster, Penn.)
- Harold Dunaway, executive vice president finance and administration, Motion Industries Inc. (Birmingham, Ala.)
Brian Kolman, president, Brewer Machine & Gear Co. (St. Louis, Mo.), assumes the duties of the PTDA Manufacturer Council chair in 2014, succeeding Michael Dolpp, vice president sales Americas, Thomson Industries (Amherst, N.Y.). Kolman has served on the Council since 2009 and has been an active PTDA member for more than a dozen years. His committee involvement goes back to the year 2000 and includes service on the Marketing Committee.
“I’m excited to be the next Manufacturer Council Chair for PTDA,” said Kolman. “I can truly say you get the most out of PTDA by getting involved. The friends and business connections that I have made are invaluable.”
Joining Kolman on the Manufacturer Council for 2014 will be:
- Vice Chair Cliff Bannon, eastern sales manager, Isostatic Industries Inc. (Chicago, Ill.)
- Immediate Past Chair Michael Dolpp, vice president sales Americas, Thomson Industries (Amherst, N.Y.)
- Michael Cinquemani, president & CEO, Master Power Transmission (Greenville, S.C.)
- Chris Curran, president, Climax Metal Products Company (Mentor, Ohio)
- Chris Henson, director sales US distribution, The Timken Company (Canton, Ohio)
- Sean Hickey, president, Lafert North America (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada)
- Don Lanser, director marketing, U.S. Motors/Nidec Motor Corporation (St. Louis, Mo.)
- Tony Martell, vice president aftermarket business unit, NSK Americas (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
- Mike Power, director sales, Lovejoy Inc. (Downers Grove, Ill.)
For over 50 years, PTDA has been dedicated to providing exceptional networking, targeted education, relevant information and leading-edge business tools to help distributors and manufacturers meet marketplace demands competitively and profitably. For more information, call +1.312.516.2100, visit www.ptda.org or follow @PTDAorg.