SCHAUMBURG, Ill. — Motorola Solutions, Inc. recently introduced the next-generation Symbol DS4308 2D imager that redefines the performance and flexibility expected from a bar code scanner. The DS4308 series of imagers is easy to use and offers an extraordinary read range, enabling users to scan bar codes of any density nearer and farther than any other scanner in its class.
- To meet the differing needs of customers, the lightweight DS4308 imager is available in four unique models:
- The DS4308-SR imager can scan electronic bar codes on the screen of mobile phones, drivers’ licenses and UPC codes out to 28 inches.
- The DS4308-HD imager offers a 16.5-inch read range that is ideal for general point-of-sale (POS) scanning and can also capture small, high-density bar codes.
- For bar code scanning at the patient bedside, the DS4308-HC imager provides haptic feedback so patients are not disturbed as well as IP42 sealing and a specially designed, disinfectant-ready plastic housing that can be safely wiped down.
- The DS4308P imager offers the versatility of a handheld and presentation scanner with a built-in adjustable stand that enables workers to switch instantly between handheld and hands-free mode.
- Retailers, hoteliers, logistics and light manufacturing organizations can also use the DS4308 series for mobile loyalty, mobile coupons, event check-in, quality control and inventory tracking applications.
- The DS4308 series can quickly capture virtually any bar code with Motorola’s most advanced imaging engine and PRZM intelligent imaging.
- Service from the Start is available for the DS4308 series and can provide coverage for normal wear and tear as well as accidental breakage preventing unexpected repair costs.