St. Louis - The National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) has announced the availability of the results of its third annual technology survey. This research shows how the electrical distribution industry uses technology.
The study requested distributor input on technology issues, website functionality, e-commerce capabilities, adoption of mobile devices, and back office technology implementation. With 101 distributor companies responding to the survey, the top technology issues included:
- Ensure data in business system is accurate (86%)
- Find a reliable source for accurate pricing information (78%)
- Ensure data security across all locations and devices (74%)
- Find a reliable source for accurate product information (72%)
Additional results included:
- Nearly half (46%) reported up to 5% of customers place orders through their website in a typical month
- 72% link to manufacturers’ websites
- 11% offer apps for customers
Electrical distributors can use the results of this survey to create more value for electrical contractors, make the supply chain more efficient, and reduce costs for all parties involved.
Visit www.naed.org/strategictechnology to see the surveys full results and methodology.
The NAED is the trade association for the $70+ billion electrical distribution industry. Through networking, education, research, and benchmarking, NAED helps electrical distributors increase profitability and improve the channel. NAED's membership operates in more than 5,100 locations internationally.