Walter (Greer, SC) announced Tiger·tec Gold WSM37G, a wear-resistant thread milling grade with the physical vapor deposition (PVD) aluminum oxide (Al2O3) coating technology.
The indexable inserts made of this universal grade are effective for machining blind-hole and through-hole threads in steel, stainless steel, cast iron, heat-resistant super alloys and steel with a hardness up to 55 HRC (ISO P, M, K, S and H material groups).
- WSM37G inserts for milling threads with nominal diameter from UNC ¾ or 16 mm with pitch range from 3 to 18 threads per inch (TPI) or 1.5 to 10 mm
- Titanium aluminum nitride (TiAlN) coating on carbide substrate for high level of wear resistance
- Al2O3 coating for high temperature resistance
- Zirconium nitride (ZrN) for friction-reduction characteristics and wear detection
- Offered in two easy-cutting geometries with positive basic shape and each with three cutting edges
- Both geometries have smooth, low-friction rake face and defined corner radii for producing threads
- D67 universal geometry for achieving maximum tool life
- D61 geometry with anti-vibration land for thread milling with high level of operational smoothness when using large projection lengths or under difficult machining conditions