2015 was another whirlwind year of activity across the industrial distribution market. From the West Coast Port shutdown, to major company mergers, to the developing "industrial recession" tied to oil prices and foreign exchange headwinds, the biggest items on ID this year included the industry's most well-known companies.
Here's the headlines that made the most noise on ID in 2015, in countdown fashion.
15. Home Depot To Buy Interline Brands For $1.63B (July 22)
13. West Coast Port Shutdown Could Be Days Away (February 5)
12. Jack Keough: Who Is Buying From Amazon? (July 6)
11. Anixter Sells Fasteners Unit For $380 Million (February 12)
10. Takeaways From Grainger Show 2015 (March 4)
8. A Gloomy October In Industrial Distribution (October 29)
7. Distributor Profile: Fastenal (September 14)
3. Grainger Cuts Outlook, Branches As Q3 Profit Sinks (October 16)