Netskope Threat Labs, a leading provider of threat analysis and cyber defense strategies for cloud-based vulnerabilities, recently published their most recent Threat Labs Report. Findings specific to manufacturing include:
- Cloud-delivered malware increased from 32 percent to 66 percent in the past twelve months, led by downloads from popular apps like Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive and Gmail.
- The report showed that 94 percent of users downloaded data from an average of 17 different cloud apps each month.
- Over the past twelve months, the number of users uploading to cloud apps in manufacturing increased 27 percent.
- Emotet, AgentTesla, and BlackBasta were among the top malware and ransomware groups targeting manufacturing in the past twelve months.
- Malware described as file-based exploits saw a significant uptick in use by these black hat organizations.
Our guest for today’s episode is Netskope's Threat Labs Director Ray Canzanese . He offers some insight on how the industrial sector can continue to utilize the cloud without negatively impacting security.
And if you have a cybersecurity story or topic that you’d like to have us explore on Security Breach, you can reach me at [email protected].
To download our latest report on industrial cybersecurity, The Industrial Sector’s New Battlefield, click here.