Amazon has already announced plans for three new fulfilment centers this month, only one week into June.
On Wednesday, the e-tailer giant said it is planning to open an 800,000-square foot facility in Miami, FL alongside the Opa-locka Executive Airport. Located about 13 miles north of downtown Miami, the fulfillment center will create more than 1,000 full-time jobs and will increase Amazon's Florida presence to 10 locations since entering the state in 2013.
On June 2, Amazon announced plans for an 855,000-square foot facility in Fresno, CA. It will be Amazon's fifth such facility in California's Central Valley, joining three operating fulfillment centers located in Tracy and Patterson and a fourth facility under construction in Sacramento. The state currently has nine active fulfillment centers, and the company says California has more than 460,000 authors, sellers on Amazon. The company did not mention how many jobs the Fresno facility would create.
On June 1, Amazon announced plans for a more than 850,000-square foot fulfillment center in Jefferson, GA, about 61 miles northeast of downtown Atlanta. The facility will create 1,000 full-time jobs, adding to the 1,500 current Amazon employees in the state.
With those three fulfillment centers, Amazon has now announced plans for 11 new facilities so far in 2017. That includes the company's Air Hub planned at the Northern Kentucky Airport.
Here are the locations of the new planned facilities Amazon has previously announced so far in 2017, and the dates those announcements were made:
- June 7, 800,000 square foot fulfillment center in Miami, FL
- June 2: 855,000 square foot fulfillment center in Fresno, CA
- June 1: 850,000 square foot fulfillment center in Jefferson, GA
- March 28 and March 29: Fulfillment centers in Clear Brook, VA and Houston, TX — each 1 million square feet
- Feb. 9: Two California fulfillment centers in Eastville and Redlands, spanning 1.75 million square feet
- Jan. 31: Amazon Air Hub in Hebron, KY (Northern Kentucky Airport)
- Jan. 23: 1 million square-foot fulfillment center in Aurora, CO
- Jan. 17: 1.2 million-square-foot fulfillment center in North East, MD
- Jan. 4: 1 million-square-foot fulfillment center in Jacksonville, FL
On Jan. 12, Amazon announced its plans to create more than 100,000 jobs nationwide over the following 18 months.