Chicago, IL - Grainger launched several innovative ecommerce solutions with an enhanced search, workflow and purchase experience, making it easier for customers to find what they need. Grainger's new iPad application (app) takes advantage of the device's capabilities while leveraging the power of Grainger.com. It allows customers to visually browse through thousands of products in seconds with improved search filters. Once a customer finds the product, relevant information is displayed including product availability, technical specifications and product accessories. Checkout also has been streamlined to save customers time.
- Detailed product pages designed to provide customers key information to select a product that meets their needs;
- Real-time product availability that shows the nearest branch that has the product in stock or date the product is expected to arrive, if shipped;
- Easy single-page checkout that displays the customer's account information, including the payment method, shipping address and default branch, eliminating steps in the process;
- Order History that helps a customer track recently placed orders or search within past orders; and
- Access to personal and shared lists to quickly find and order regularly purchased items.
- Easier Search and Navigation – An intuitive interface, enhanced product descriptions, detailed visuals and category attributes make it easy for customers to narrow down their search and sift through more than one million products.
- New Workflow Management System – This system is designed to help customers easily approve orders, define spending limits for other users on the account and manage workflow. The new dashboard gives customers a real-time snapshot of workflow and offers automated approvals for key purchases, which eliminates paperwork.
- Accounts – Simplified account registration, along with enhanced account management capabilities.
- Orders – Seamless integration with all orders, including KeepStock and those ordered offline."We're giving our customers more control," said Paul Miller, Vice President of Global eCommerce, Innovation, and Customer Information at Grainger.